Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloweenia

I notice this year a lot more retail places are flooded with Halloween decoration and costume merchandise. Even the hardware stores, supermarkets and drug stores are all decked out for the season.

I have also noticed the designs are getting a lot more elaborate, outrageous and extravagant; not to mention a lot more realistic than they ever were.

We know practically all of these products are made in China nowadays, so I can't help but wonder how some of those factory workers in China must think of us here.

"What in the world is wrong with the West these days? Is that the new trend? Some sort of death craze?"
"Who in the right frame of mind would want to purchase such frightening, gruesome, creepy and disgusting decorations and costumes for their home and children?"
"Perhaps I should think twice if I really want to send my children to study abroad when they grow up..."

No comments: